Freedom Baptist Church Worship Service Procedures
In the interest of providing the safest and most efficient process of having services, the following procedures will be put into place for all services until further notice.
All members and guests of FBC are expected to use their good judgement is accessing their ability to attend services. It is expected that any person who does not feel well, has or has had a fever in the past 72 hours, or just feels “uncomfortable” with the possibility of exposing others or being exposed to COVID 19 virus refrain from attending.
In order to facilitate traceability in the event of an exposure at FBC an attendance roll will be maintained by a deacon/designated person at all services.
Arrival and Parking
- In order to facilitate following these guidelines, the building will not be unlocked until 15 mins. before the scheduled service time.
- Board members and their families are asked to park in the rear of the building and use the same guidelines outlined below.
- There will be a deacon/designated person in the parking lot to assist in identifying parking and to monitor social distancing.
- Upon arrival when parking, please use every other parking spot.
- There should be no congregating in the parking lot.
- Proceed to the sidewalk – maintaining social distancing.
Entering the Building
- The sidewalk in front of the entrance will be clearly marked at 6 ft. intervals to maintain social distancing. Please maintain those intervals as you enter the building.
- Do not touch the door. There will be a deacon/designated person at the door at all times to let people in and out of the facility.
- As you enter the facility, the designated person at the door will provide hand sanitizer.
- Masks and gloves are not mandated, but may be worn at your discretion.
- No one will be allowed to enter the building from the rear entry door except board members and their families.
- During service times the rear door will be used as an emergency exit only.
- There will be a deacon/designated person to assist with seating.
- All members of the congregation will have assigned seating with 6 ft. distancing between persons or families.
- Index cards will be placed on seats to identify seating.
- Visitor seating will be designated and all visitors will be escorted to their seats by a greeter in order to maintain social distancing.
- Only one person at a time should deposit his/her offering into the offering boxes. Social distancing of 6 ft. is to be maintained at all times.
Leaving the Building
- The congregation will be dismissed by the Speaker for the service by rows/families beginning with the people closest to the exit door.
- The same rules concerning the parking lot and entry should be followed.
- The hallway to the restroom will be marked with tape to designate 6 ft. intervals for social distancing.
- Only 1 person will be allowed in the restrooms at a time.
- There will be a deacon/designated person that will sanitize the restrooms after each use and provide hand sanitizer.
- Parents must accompany all children under 12 to the restroom.
- We love our children, but during this time we are going to insist that parents limit and control the movement and interaction of all children.
- No one should enter the Sunday school area in the main building unless absolutely necessary for child care.
- After each service the assigned deacons will insure that all “high touch” areas will be wiped down with sanitizer. These areas include restrooms, entry doors, soundboard, piano, pulpit, microphones, tables and trash bins.
Impact to other Ministries
- There will be no Sunday school, Children’s Church or fellowship/refreshments until further notice.
We will get through this. Please follow these procedures for the comfort and safety of everyone.
We will be strictly following these guidelines, so don’t be hurt or angry if you are reminded of them as we adjust to a new normal for a few weeks. It will be great to be back together.